Vegan Fast Food Options
People go vegan for lots of reasons, one of the most important of which includes that the person is no longer contributing for the suffering as well as the deaths of the poor animals. There are many benefits of eating only the plant based food; however, you need to make sure you get the required nutrition every day to ensure that your body works properly. Though, meat does provide lots of benefits and required nutrients to the body, but if you want to protect animals and can ditch the food that involves animal meat, then you can only survive if you feed yourself with enough nutrients on everyday basis. If you are a foodie and can’t live without food, and you wish to eat all kinds of dishes, but you are also looking for plant based diet as well, then you are in luck because most of the mood chains have a vegan menu that can fulfill your cravings in a way that best suits your needs.
Benefits of Becoming a Vegan
There are many reasons as to why people become vegan and stop eating dairy products. Some do it for the sake of protecting animals, while some do it on a religious basis. Some wish to eat in a way that does not hurt the environment by using excessive resources, while some can’t eat it because of health problems. No matter what the reason is, people do get benefits if they are vegan by consuming the food that is simple for the body and provides the desired nutrients. That way, they can improve their health with minimal resources and still stay fit like the people, who consume dairy. Down below, we will see the health benefits of becoming a vegan, so if you are interested, you can easily spot the benefits that you might desire or wish to know if you can get or not.
- If we eliminate meat from our diet, we will be able to reduce the saturated fats from our diet, meaning that we are reducing the chances of heart problems and other health risks when eliminating the meat.
- By eating vegetables, we are improving the rate of fibers in our diet, which helps in healthier bowel movements as well as help in fighting against the colon cancer.
- Vegans get more magnesium, calcium and other important nutrients that assist in improving the health.
- By eating vegetables on daily basis, the person gets potassium in a higher amount that balances the acidity and water in the body. It also is a great source for eliminating toxins from the kidneys and helps in lowering the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Vegetables are also enriched with antioxidants and vitamins, which help in protecting from the cell damage, cancers, and improve the immunity system, gums, eyes, brain, heart and almost every body part and organ from any damage.
- Vegans get more protein that the people, who eat meat, and the fact that they get healthy protein from vegetables is of no surprise. Foods like beans, peas, nuts, soy products and lentils are a great source for getting healthy proteins in a right amount.
- Being a vegetable means, no cardiovascular problems, no cholesterol issues and no heart problems, because the vegans do not eat meat that is enriched with saturated fats. This way, their heart and other organs thank them for being so careful about their diet.
- Another great benefit regarding health is that, the vegans have no blood pressure issue, almost no Type 2 Diabetes, less chances of cancer and almost no macular degeneration, arthritis cataracts and osteoporosis. The vegans live healthier and better than people, who eat meat.
- Vegans can have a balanced BMI, lose extra pounds, gain energy, get healthier skin and longer life, their body odor improves and they can have a good breath, and their hair and nails improve with the help of nutrients that they consume from the healthy vegetables, fruits, nuts and beans.
- When becoming a vegan, the PMS symptoms become less intense for the women, and there is almost no suffering at all.
- The vegans have less migraine issues compared to the ones, who eat meat.
- The vegans experience less allergies due to the reduction in meat, dairy, and eggs.
All these benefits show that vegan food is able to improve the lifestyle, as well as health of the people, which is one of the reasons why; people become vegans.
Disadvantages of Becoming a Vegetarian
Although, being a vegan has its benefits, but there are many things that are bad about becoming one, like;
- It is hard to consume enough protein, which is very important for a healthy life. So, you have to know how to consume more by looking at the recipes and other important researches on the Internet.
- Vegetarian foods are quite limited and there are not enough options. You almost eat salads in your daily life, which is not that filling.
- If you love to dine out, then you might find it hard to get a place which serves vegan food.
- It is quite a bother to explain about your eating preferences when you are eating with a group, whether it is a family or friend circle or an occasion.
- You won’t be able to spend holidays and traditions like before because of your eating choices.
- You will have to learn how to cook, because nobody is going to do that for you the way you want.
- You will have to read the labels carefully when buying things.
Varieties of Vegetarians
There are different kinds of vegetarians, as not all are strictly restricted to eating plant based food only, which is why; they are categorized under the following varieties. Some of them consume meat based foods on different occasions are have one of the food in their diets. To easily understand them, we will mention the varieties, so you can have an idea of what they eat other than plant-based food.
- Vegans (Complete Vegetarians)
These are the people, who never eat meat, fish, poultry or any food that comes from the animals, which includes dairy products, eggs, gelatin, etc.
- Lacto-Ovo Vegetarians
These are the people, who also do not eat meat, fish or poultry, but include dairy products, eggs, etc in their diet.
- Lacto Vegetarians
This is the variety, which does not eat any form of meat, poultry, eggs, but are flexible to some dairy products.
- Ovo Vegetarians
These are the vegetarians, who eat only eggs, and skip meat, fish, poultry and dairy products from the diet.
- Partial Vegetarians
There are two kinds among these vegetarians.
- One eats fish, but do not eat any other kind of meat, and they are called pesco-vegetarians.
- The other eats poultry, but no meat, and they are called pollo-vegetarians.
These varieties help in understanding that not all vegetarians are restricted to eating plant based diet. Some do eat some kind of meat of dairy product once in a while, but know that, these people also do not eat such foods in their daily lives. They avoid them as much as possible, but if they have to eat something, then these are the items they will be eating.
Vegan Diet Options
It is easy to cook food for yourself that is based on plants, but what if you are on a run and needs to get something quick, preferably readymade, so you can eat it when feeling hungry, no matter if there is any shop nearby or not, then it is hard to find snacks that are vegan friendly and pass your requirement test. In the past, it was next to impossible to find something like that, but now, even the fast food chains allow you to get vegan fast food at almost every famous and commonly known fast food points. This is a great opportunity for the vegans, who only eat plant based diet, but have now an option to eat junk food that is made just for them.
Tips for Eating Out If You Are a Vegan
If you are eating out and you want to make sure you only eat vegan food no matter what your reason is, then these tips are going to benefit you a lot.
- Talk about yourself to the server and make sure you tell them clearly that you are a vegan and you want to eat something that is totally dairy and cruelty free and is made exactly the way you are hoping for. This way, he will be able to pick the right ingredients for you and make the food according to your desire, which you can enjoy.
- Before choosing the dish, make sure you check all the ingredients of the food item that you want to pick, so you can be sure if it is vegan friendly or not. It does not matter if the food has vegan in its name or something similar if the item is not cooked in the ingredients that you want. Ask your server about the ingredients as well to ensure yourself that you are eating a vegan food.
Always make sure that you thoroughly go through both the tips if you want to stay away from any dairy product, because once you have committed to it, you should not go back. Find the places that offer vegan menu and choose the food that is cruelty free. This way, when you will go out no matter when, you would know if you are eating the right food or not!
Famous Vegan Fast Food Points
McDonalds and Pizza Hut are quite famous for providing vegan fast foods, which sure need a lot of efforts as no milk, eggs or any dairy product is used to cook the items present in vegan category. Burger King also is another platform that provides vegan fast food, but you can never guarantee about a few items, because there are some minor traces of milk or other dairy products in cooking a couple of food items.
Vegan McDonalds allow you to enjoy vegan options for fast food, which is quite small but the foods actually are more than what any of us have expected. There are a great number of food items that are prepared in McDonalds completely for the vegans, so everyone can enjoy the fast food made exactly with the items that they can eat.
Some of the Vegan McDonalds fast foods include the following;
- Apple Pie: made with all vegan ingredients and does not include any dairy product, like milk, eggs, etc. It is a perfect choice for the people, who love pie but do not wish to add anything dairy in their foods, so they can just get Apple Pie and enjoy it wherever they wish.
- Hash Brown: another great food item for thee vegans, as it is completely free from dairy products.
- Vegetable Deluxe: this is a great and tasty veggie burger, which itself does not contain a single trace of dairy, but the sandwich topping does have eggs, so if you are a vegetarian, then you should get a sauce-free burger to make it a completely vegan burger that you can enjoy to the fullest. The patties for the burger are made with yellow split peas, chickpeas, onion, breadcrumbs and potato, topped with cucumber and lettuce. The bun is made with sesame seed and is totally dairy-free. This burger also comes in spicy version, which includes the same items but with the addition of sweet chilli sauce.
- Fires: highly vegan friendly item, which is made with potato fried in vegetable oil.
- Salads: obviously, made with all the vegan ingredients, add-ins and dressings, perfect option for those who wish to eat light food but all vegans friendly.
- Breakfast Options: include Bagel and Oatmeal without cream and brown sugar, perfect for vegans. They offer drinks and snacks as well that are purely made for vegans, so they can have a bit of options when deciding their menu.
The foods of Pizza Hut Vegan version, makes the foodies to come to the most famous place for the fast food that is made with 100% vegan food items, which you can enjoy just like the rest of the world, who is not vegan. Pizza Hut provides amazing pizza options for the people, who can’t live a single day without pizza, but if they are vegan, they would be scared to get something, which everyone knows contain milk or cheese. But the great news about pizza hut is that you can get your pizza without milk in the crest and cheese on the top, as almost all the other ingredients are vegan friendly. So, whenever you wish to get a pizza that is totally made with vegetables, then, ask for a cheese free pizza, and you will be good to go! If you still want to be sure about the crust, then order Hand-Tossed or Thin ‘N Crispy crust, both of which are 100% vegan friendly. When talking about the sauces, pizza does not taste like pizza if the sauce is missing, so if you are a vegan, and want to get a pizza, then do not worry, because majority of the pizza sauces are perfect for vegans. The classic marinara sauce, premium crushed tomato sauce, buffalo sauce etc are all vegan friendly options. The toppings of the pizza can be anything vegetables, for instance, mushrooms, red onions, spinach, green bell peppers, Peruvian cherry peppers, black olives, banana peppers, Roma tomatoes, jalapenos, pineapple or any veggie of your choice. Pizza Hut Vegan is not only limited to the pizzas, rather you can get fries and Cinnamon sticks, which will surely improve your mood with the best food.
Burger king also is not behind in this race of producing vegan fast food items for its customers. The place is perfect for some of the best vegan snacks that sure will help you in filling your tummies with the healthy snacks. There are a lot of options for vegans in their menu; some of which includes;
- Shaker Fries: made with pure potato and fried in vegetable oil. These fries are coated with barbeque spice to improve the taste of the simple fries.
- Veggie Bean Burger: the bun and the patty are totally dairy-free and made with only the veggies and vegan friendly ingredients, which means that these are the perfect choice for the vegans. Although, the standard of the burgers is to present them with cheese and/or sauce, but you can request for a burger free from both the items, to make it vegan friendly. The Kid’s Veggie Burger is similar in ingredients. The only difference is that this burger does not come with mayonnaise, so, it is automatically added in the vegan menu.
Other popular vegan fast food points include the following places;
- Atlanta Bread Company
- Au Bon Pain
- Baja Fresh
- Baskin Robbins
- The Counter
- Dairy Queen
- Dunkin Donuts
- Frulatti Café
- Jimmy Johns
- Lego Pizza
- Paradise Bakery
- Pizza Fusion
- Red Brick Pizza
- Red Robin
- Taco Bell
- Zero’s Sub
These are a few popular places, which provide vegan options for their customers, making it a bit easier for them to eat out without any worries.
These popular places or restaurants are now offering vegan food as majority of the people are becoming vegans for different reasons, and the food chains wish to be as useful as possible in providing the food items that are perfect for different kinds of people in the society. This article talks about the vegan fast foods that you can get at popular places, which are 100% cruelty and dairy free, so you can enjoy your food just as much as others.
Best Vegan Recipe Books
We have collected some great vegan recipe books for you in PDF format which you can download or view online to have great vegan recipes.
You can share your feedback and ideas about the vegan recipe books by leaving your comment in this post.
Cheap Vegan Fast Food Meal Options
Eating out always is a bit on the expensive side because everyone loves to eat the foods that are readymade and quick to get, and most of the times, such foods are so delicious that people want to eat them all the time, which is why; not everyone wants to spend money on something that will leave him bankrupt in the coming years.
But, luckily and thankfully, there are some options for both vegans and non-vegans, but especially vegans, because this whole article is dedicated to them; there are a few places, which offer cheap vegan fast food meals that you can get every day and won’t get bankrupt! All jokes aside, these foods are perfect for the people, who love eating a little fast food every day but are not in favor of spending much money. Following are some of the great vegan fast food options for those people under $5;
- Taco Bell
- Power Menu Veggie Burrito $3.99
- Crunchwrap Supreme $3.29
- Bean Burrito $1.19
- Crunchy Taco $1.19
- Soft Taco $1.19
- Spicy Tostada $1
- Double Decker Taco $1.89
- Mexican Pizza $3.49
- Plain Backed Potato with Chives and Apple Slices $3.16
- Large Natural-Cut Fries and Apple Slices $3.71
- Garden Side Salad $2.19
- Burger King
- French Toast Sticks $1
- Original Maple Flavored Oatmeal $1.99
- Garden Side Salad and Small French Fries $3.78
- Del Taco
- Two Value Tacos and Small Crinkle-Cut Fries $3.17
- CrunchTada Tostada $1
- Bagel with Avocado Spread $2.45
These are a few options that you can get from the vegan fast food points near you. You can also easily search for the vegan meals from your favorite food point and easily get it. Just check out their official website and make sure you check the ingredients used in the products if you are buying something new, so you can be 100% sure of what you are eating. This way, you will be able to enjoy your food with a calm mind because you are not hurting any animal in the process and also, if it is for the health, you will be getting desired food without any kind of allergies or risks. Hopefully, this information will help you out in the future when looking out for the vegan options in fast food, because you can also eat the junk food without specifically eating any dairy products.
This article will help out those, who are interested in becoming vegan, but have no idea about the basics or what they can expect in the future.